As we have toured America talking about missions we hear various objections. We have tried to cover some of those objections in our FAQ Page. But I ran across a blog on thegospelcoalition.org by Ben Stevens that answers these 7 common objections to long-term missions:
- "It (long-term missions) destroys foreign cultures."
- "It's based on outdated theology."
- "It's unnecessarily offensive."
- "Short-term teams can do the same thing but more efficiently."
- "It's much more effective to just fund foreign nationals."
- "It distracts from the needs of our own nation."
- "Because people have immigrated to America's cities, it would be more cost-effective and strategic to stay and reach them here."